Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where is your faith standing?


1 Cr 2:5 That your faith should not stand in
the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

I found it to be very difficult for my faith to
become planted in the wisdom of men.
I used to base my results on man made
strategies whereby I would judge my outcomes
on my works alone. I would get frustrated because
I did not receive quick results. It wasn’t until
I stretched out my faith as well as continuing to
do the necessary works in the natural that I was able
to attain what I was believing God for.

My friends your faith has to stand. The question is,
Is it standing in the wisdom of men? or in the power
of God?

The word of God is what feeds your faith the necessary
nutrients and oxygen to grow and develop and become strong.
As your faith stands in the Word of God, it begins to crave
those nutrients from the soil from which it was planted in
(the Word of God).

A change begins to take place. You begin to go after the
things God. Instead of wallowing in the past, you tend to
focus on the future. You begin to lock into your purpose
instead of locking into a paycheck. You affections began
to be set on things above and not on things on the earth.
(Col 3:2).

When your faith stands in the power God, it defies the
negative circumstances around you.
Some of you, people are still scratching their head wondering
How you got that job you got with no extensive experience.
That is because you rooted your faith in the word.

When your faith stands in the Wisdom of men, you can
subconsciously develop a sense of entitlement whereby
you feel that you deserve to be where you are. You feel like
you are untouchable until God forbid you get laid off and found
out that your boss didn’t care about you in the first place. (Selah).
You can loose touch with reality and lock up your bowels of
compassion when it comes to serving someone other than
yourself with out any manipulative or monetary gain involved.

From a spiritual stand point, faith that is grounded in God gives
you stability to go through the fiery trials that you face. It gives
you the attitude and the tenacity which is a prerequisite to
be operable in the supernatural.

I want to give you a few pointers for what you are believing
God for.

1) Daily confessions- Continue to speak God’s word not your word
over your situation with according scripture. When doubt rises up,
rebuke it with you mouth.

2) Make a decision- there will be sometimes where you begin to get
frustrated but what ever you do, do not speak doubt with your mouth.
You can not speak words of doubt one day and try to stand in faith the
next day. If you continue to uproot your faith by planting it in the
wisdom of men one day and the word of God the next day, your roots
become weaker and weaker. Remain planted No matter what.
Doubt may come but keep your heart guarded because out of it flows
the issues of life. (Proverbs 4:23).

3) Put a belt on it- Ephesians 6:14 talks about the “belt of truth”. Truth
through the scriptures help support you faith and causes you
to not drift down into the basement of frustration.

Even though I am teaching this, I myself am not exempt from trouble.
I have to fight just like you do. We are in this together but through and by
Faith, We Will Overcome & Recover All. My prayers are with you.

Undying Love

Bobby