Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Comfort in Crisis


I understand that a lot of letters that I write are tough whereby
they are meant to call us to a level of accountability.
My prayer is for us all to transition from being believers to
becoming disciples whereby we don’t just stand with God but follow Him.

There is heaviness in the atmosphere.
Many of us are going through issues, problems, struggles
that we cant even talk to anybody about.
There are things that are coming out of left field at you.
You are still trying to figure out why so much hurt is
coming at you to destroy you.

You feel like you are in the garden of Gethsemane extremely tired and depressed.
You feel weary and wounded. You’re a tough person. You’re a strong person
But right now you’re vulnerable and satan desires to sift you wheat.

It seems as though everything around you is changing.
It is so good to know that the only thing that has not changed is God.

The reason why you are going through what you are going through is part of the fulfillment
of the Word of God in your life. God’s strength is made perfect in weakness.

2 Corinthians 12:9 (New International Version)
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
I know it’s hard but every time Jesus was whipped with the cat of nine tails, he bore our hurts and pains.
He protected us. He shielded us from being devoured forever.

You will get through this season just continue to trust God
Even when you can’t see Him , hear Him, or touch Him.
just know that God is always there.

My brothers and sisters I pray that that God fulfills what you stand in need of.

By His Grace & Mercy

BC

Psalm 4:8
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone,
O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

Psalm 29:11
The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD
blesses his people with peace.

Isaiah 66:12
For this is what the LORD says: "I will extend peace to
her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding
stream; you will nurse and be carried on her arm and dandled
on her knees.